Wizbang Blue publisher Kevin Aylward posted a "Who won the debate poll" on Wizbang! (go vote to see the latest results).
I voted. I thought Romney was far and away the winner of the May 15 Republican debate. That's not to say that I think he should be President, or that he's even electable, but I think he won the debate on the basis of clear, concise answers which displayed integrity and honesty.
- Michael Goodwin gives the trophy from last night's debate to Giuliani, on the basis of his strong response to Ron Paul's remarks.
- NBC's Chuck Todd gives his nod to both Giuliani and McCain, and cites Romney's performance as "very mediocre."
Here's the roundup from earlier today:
- Fox viewers pegged Mitt Romney the winner. Giuliani came in second and Ron Paul third. Ron Paul had the early lead, suggesting further that his supporters are strongly motivated and quick to support their candidate.
- The "Club for Growth" PAC pegged Giuliani the winner, McCain the loser, and Romney won the "status quo" award for a solid but predictable showing. The Club for Growth was supporting Giuliani before the debate, so no surprise there.
- Conservative blog Redstate is declaring none of the top tier candidates showed strongly, and they peg Mike Huckabee as the debate winner.
- Conservative Ed Morrisey declares Giuliani the winner.
- Andrew Sullivan pegs McCain and Paul as the cream that rises - and has some specific complaints against Giuliani and Romney.
- Wizbang Politics pundit Jim Addison pegs the winner as Giuliani by a length, and suggests it's time to pare the field down to 5.
Are we seeing a pattern of no pattern?
if you missed the debate, you can watch videos online at the Fox News debate archive.
Check back for updates, We'll have more poll results later this morning, and don't forget to place your vote in the Wizbang poll.
Note: Wizbang Blue is now closed and our authors have moved on. Paul Hooson can now be found at Wizbang Pop!. Please come see him there!