Mark my words, she'll take it all the way to the convention floor, and put up a hell of a fight every step of the way.
I saw a news story the other day, and when they showed a clip of Obama on stage at political rally the crowd behind and around him was cheering wildly, and when they cut to Clinton in an equally large venue with a similar-sized crowd they chose a 3 second clip where Clinton was talking and the audience was listening intently. No cheering. No enthusiasm...
No bias there -- eh?
Like this photo and headline, and note how they've chosen a still that appears as if Mrs. Clinton is looking up in the air in despair, looking for help.
Odds are stacked against Hillary Clinton, say experts
Here are the actual "odds" given by the experts, and note that they aren't "stacked against her," in fact - three of the "experts" have it within 5 points of even, better odds than the pollsters and "experts" were giving Clinton going into New Hampshire's primary.
- Chris Lehane, Democratic consultant
- "If you were trading political futures, she's a good bet. Blue-chip stocks are always a good deal in a down market."
- Clinton's chance of winning the nomination: 50%
- Larry Sabato, University of Virginia
- "She's come from behind before -- first in New Hampshire, and again on Super Tuesday."
- Chance for nomination: 47%
- Rich Galen, Republican strategist
- "They're not going to fold the tent. They've got the tools to work with."
- Chance for nomination: 45%
- Don Kettl, University of Pennsylvania
- "The wheels really started falling off the Clinton campaign in South Carolina. On top of the leadership-change-experience issue, Bill Clinton's voice was dissonant."
- Chance for nomination: 30%
- Steffen Schmidt, Iowa State University
- "If it is close in Texas and Ohio, Obama will have bragging rights and Clinton will fade quickly."
- Chance for nomination: 29.9%
Meanwhile, Dan Ambrams at MSNBC fights a losing battle as he outs the media bias against Clinton, and the exchange exemplifies the problem [MSNBC Video 2/14/08]
Note: Wizbang Blue is now closed and our authors have moved on. Paul Hooson can now be found at Wizbang Pop!. Please come see him there!